Tirlán Milk Supplier Calendar 2023
The Tirlán Milk Calendar is an invaluable tool to assist milk suppliers with dairy herd and farm management. Suppliers are encouraged to keep it in a prominent position in their farm office or milking parlour and make use of its resources.
In addition to the monthly calendar pages you will find:
- KEY CONTACTS: inside the front cover is a list of useful phone numbers.
- CODE OF PRACTICE/TRAINING RECORD: We’ve included best practice tips in key areas of Milk Quality. This doubles as a training resource and a handy record for any staff on the farm.
- SUSTAINABLE DAIRY ASSURANCE SCHEME: We’ve also included an essential checklists to prepare for the Bord Bia SDAS audit.
- SELECTIVE DRY COW THERAPY: Your free calendar includes useful guidance when assessing if you can use Selective Dry Cow treatment for your herd and which animals will be suitable.
- TIRLÁN DIAGNOSTIC SERVICES FOR ANIMAL HEALTH: This year’s calendar also features information on Milk Culturing, Herd Disease Screening and other services from the Tirlán Central Laboratory.
- SAMPLE HERD HEALTH PLAN: Your calendar includes a blank copy of a herd health plan for the herd –this needs to be completed in advance of the Bord Bia SDAS audit. This version is more comprehensive and easier to complete.
- SAMPLE FEED PLAN FOR DAIRY PRODUCERS: This resource should be completed annually and updated through the year to ensure your feed budget is reviewed regularly.
- Each monthly page has the following features:
- Tirlán Milk accounting periods, set out on an easy-to-view basis.
- Space to record litres supplied per pick up/number of cows that were milking each month and to calculate the monthly average cow yield.
- Monthly best practice tips for milk quality/nutrition/animal health/soil nutrition using Tirlán FarmLife.
Please note the following documents are available to download here.
Link to order form HERE
The Milk supplier calendar is due on farm in the coming days, we apologise for the late arrival of this year’s calendar and hope it proves to be an invaluable resource for the year ahead.
First Published 24 January 2023