Declare Your Sustainability Actions Now
The Sustainability Action Payment, which was introduced in 2022, represents a €54 million three year support to our farm family suppliers in achieving their sustainability goals and in transitioning towards more sustainable farming practices.
As part of this initiative, dairy suppliers will receive 0.5 cent per litre (cpl) (including VAT) through delivering specific sustainability actions. Last year the average payment to farmers who delivered on the required sustainability actions was worth almost €3,000.
The programme is designed to assist Tirlán suppliers in reducing the carbon footprint, enhancing water quality and biodiversity and improving air quality and soil health of farms in line with Tirlán’s sustainability strategy, Living Proof. The measures are closely aligned with the climate action measures identified in Teagasc’s emissions reduction Marginal Abatement Cost Curve (MACC) climate plan.
With the closing date looming, suppliers are urged to take the necessary steps now to declare their actions for the Sustainability Action Payment.
To continue to receive the Sustainability Action Payment in 2024, suppliers are requested to log on to the “My Farm” section on Tirlán FarmLife and declare actions undertaken.
Do I have to go onto Tirlán FarmLife and declare my actions again this year?
Can I declare the same actions as last year?
YES - However if the same actions are being declared as last year, then the on-farm actions must take place this year.
How to declare sustainability actions on Tirlán FarmLife
- Log on to your account on tirlanfarmlife.com
- Click on the “MY ACCOUNT” tab.
- Select “MY FARM”
- Then select “SUSTAINABILITY ACTION PAYMENT” in the drop-down menu.
- Here you will be presented with the list of all Sustainability Actions and the requirements for each action.
- Select the sustainability actions which you have completed by ticking the box to the right of the desired action.
- Once all actions are selected scroll to the bottom of the list, tick the “I confirm” box and then the “Submit Selections” box.
- After submitting your selections you will be presented with a progress bar which represents how on track you are to receiving your full payment.
Watch “How to declare sustainability actions for 2024 on Tirlán FarmLife” HERE.
For any further queries related to carrying out the completion of the Sustainability Action Payment please contact your milk supply manager, business or branch manager or Tirlán customer services.
First Published 13 November 2023